We’ve turned the 12 days into the 12 tastes of Christmas as we visit tables all over the world during the holidays. From KFC in Japan to injera in Ethiopia join us on a delicious culinary tour that has us wondering … does anyone have a recipe for roast partridge with pears?
Shelley Boettcher shares Denmark traditions in The 12 Tastes of Christmas – Denmark. She’s sharing a family recipe for Brunede Kartofler, a Danish side dish of caramelized browned potatoes.
- 2 cans small potatoes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, cook the sugar and butter on medium-low heat until melted.
- When the mixture starts to get dark around the edges, stir gently until it becomes syrupy. Add potatoes and a little bit of water, if necessary, no more than 1 to 2 Tbsp.
- Gently cover each potato in the mixture for 6-8 minutes until they’re all coated and golden brown.
- Serve hot. Best the day they’re made.