This is one of my weekly go-to’s in the summer. We pick up fresh naan at the market and make it our weekend pizza, so simple! Do not skip salting your tomatoes, this helps some of the water come out. Also be sure to cover the naan with a light layer of olive oil – these two steps ensure that the pizza will not be too soggy!
Caprese Naan Pizza
- 2 naan breads
- 1/4 ” tomato slices to cover
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Sprinkle of dried oregano
- 2/3 cup grated mozzarella and/or 12-14 baby bocconcini cut in half
- Sprinkle of grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted pine nuts and garlic powder optional
- Cover baking sheet with double layer of paper towels, and lay tomato slices on top in a singe layer. Sprinkle each slice with salt and set aside to drain while grating cheese, etc.
- Heat oven to 450 F. Cover another large baking sheet with parchment. Lay naans on top, bottom side up. Drizzle with oil and spread with a brush or your fingers to cover. Flip naans over and repeat.
- Flip tomato slices over and sprinkle again with salt, and a bit of granulated garlic, if desired. Sprinkle grated mozzarella on naans, then scatter with torn basil. Lay tomato slices on top, sprinkle with oregano. Add bocconcini, if desired. Sprinkle lightly with grated Parmesan, scatter pine nuts over, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in heated oven for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 425 F. Continue to cook for a few more minutes till cheese is bubbly, watching carefully, as the crust can burn easily, depending on the heat of your oven. Remove and sprinkle with freshly-ground pepper. Let cool slightly before consuming, those tomatoes are so hot!