When tomatoes are in season, Italian should be on the menu! Make the most of the crown jewel of your garden with this delicious bruschetta. This recipe can also be added to hot, cooked pasta for a quick, fresh sauce. Tomake it even easier, simply add a spoon or two of jarred pesto to chopped tomatoes in place of olive oil, basil and garlic.
Garden Tomato Bruschetta
- 4-5 chopped tomatoes of your choice
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Baguette slices lightly toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: balsamic vinegar pepper flakes
- Mix all ingredients except bread slices in a bowl. Add a pinch of sugar and a splash of balsamic and/or a pinch of pepper flakes, if desired. Stir and let stand for 15 minutes to allow flavours to blend. Serve on baguette slices.