With peaches in season, we just can’t get enough of the juicy fruit. They are perfect for snacks and always welcome for a picnic. They are great on their own, but grilling the peaches brings out even more flavour, plus the smell of the fruit on the grill is heavenly. While cutting the peaches in half works great, slices of peach are even better, so you get more of the char in each bite. The grilled peaches are delicious in this simple, perfect summer salad.
Grilled Peach Salad
- Peaches firm
- Olive Oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5 basil leaves sliced
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit before slicing.
- Brush the peaches with olive oil and grill on the bbq at medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes per side.
- While the peaches are on the bbq, combine the dressing ingredients. Shaking them all up in a mason jar works great.
- In a bowl, add the arugula, peaches, blackberries and toss with a bit of the dressing as per your liking.
- Finish the salad off with shards of parmesan.