Recipe By Chef Trent Bochek
In the spirit of Mardi Gras, we are turning up the heat with a Mardi Gras Shrimp recipe. Starting with the cajun holy trinity of onion, bell pepper and celery, flavours are layered and combined to create a delicious and quick meal you can enjoy any night of the week.
Mardi Gras Shrimp
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp diced celery
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced green, red or yellow
- 4 oz Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped + 1 tsp for garnish
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp cajun spice
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb Shrimp, fresh or thawed
- Melt butter in medium pot. Add white onion, celery & bell peppers. Saute over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add cooked sausage, garlic and green onions. Saute for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl combine crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, tabasco, cajun spice and basil. Add to pot & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp cook for 4 minutes, until cooked through.
- Garnish with green onions & serve.