Roasted cauliflower hummus is the perfect blend of sophisticated taste and guilt-free snackage. Substituting roasted cauliflower for the traditional chickpeas makes it a low-carb option and adds a depth of flavour that might just make this your new favourite hummus. The ginger and sambal oelek add a lasting zing that keeps you coming back for more. It’s healthy, it’s delicious, what are you waiting for?!
Recipe by: Chef Liana
Photo Credit: Laureen Harper
Roasted Cauliflower Hummus
- 1 head cauliflower 1 large whole cauliflower, leaves removed equals 4 cups
- 1/4 cup tahini
- true lemon powder 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- 2 tbsp roasted garlic puree or paste
- 1 tbsp ginger puree or paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp sambel oelek
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Clean and remove leaves from cauliflower, cut into medium size pieces keeping stem. Lightly brush with olive oil and toss onto a non stick or parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Place into oven for approximately 20-25 minutes. Remove, cool down.
- In food processor add cauliflower, blend until begins to form “rice” stage, then start adding all other ingredients blending until smooth. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- You can use lemon juice & zest instead of True Lemon powder, add to your taste.
- Adjust spice or garlic level to your taste.