Hearty and healthy this soup combines crispy tofu, earthy mushrooms and garden fresh green beans in a flavourful broth. Topped with fresh vegetables it’s a delicious meal for two.
Tofu and Green Bean Mushroom Bowl
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp roasted garlic
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pkg Tofu (360 gm), cut into small cubes pat dry
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup green beans, steamed and cooled
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat, add vegetable broth, ginger, garlic & soy sauce. Bring to a simmer and drop to low keeping broth hot but not boiling
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add sesame oil and tofu. Cook until crisp stirring often.
- Toss in mushrooms and saute a few minutes. Mix in green beans stirring for a couple more minutes. Remove from heat, keep warm in pan.
- In two soup bowls divide shredded iceberg lettuce, cilantro and bean sprouts.
- Top with green beans and tofu mixture.
- Pour hot broth on top and garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.