Mount Engadine Lodge has always been a proud supporter of local businesses and makers, even more so now in the face of a pandemic that has led to challenges for so many small businesses in Alberta. In continuing with its longstanding love for local, the lodge carries spirits from both Park Distillery in Banff and Wild Life Distillery in Canmore, and all of the beers and ciders they serve are locally sourced from Canmore Brewing Company, Blindman Brewing out of Lacombe, and Marda Loop Brewing out of Calgary. With the turn of the season, Mount Engadine is also offering two signature cocktails to guests, inspired by the local distilleries that they partner with: the Park Gin Refresher and the Bramble.
- 2 oz Park Gin
- 1/2 oz Chambord or Crème de Cassis
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- blackberries to garnish
- Combine ice, Park Gin, lemon juice and simple syrup in a shaker.
- Shake thoroughly until ingredients are combined.
- Pour into an Old Fashioned glass or cocktail tumbler.
- Add Chambord or Crème de Cassis.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries.
- Finish with a lemon wheel for added flourish.