Rachel Herbert of Trail’s End Beef shares her version of the popular Peruvian street food Anticuchos. It has proven to be as popular at Trail’s End Open Ranch events as well as with her school-age kids! Read more about Trail’s End Beef in Meet the Producer.
Peruvian Beef Heart Kabobs Anticuchos
- 1 beef heart
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 8 garlic cloves diced
- paprika or cayenne pepper
- Mix marinade ingredients together, reserve some for basting.
- Thaw beef heart and trim off excess sinew and gristle.
- Cut the meat into equal-sized chunks, about 1½ - 2 inches long and about ½ inch thick.
- Toss in a Ziploc bag or bowl with the marinade overnight, or for at least 6 hours.
- Soak skewers in water for a few hours.
- Thread the meat onto the skewers.
- Cook over a very hot BBQ for about 4 minutes or until cooked through. Brush skewers with reserved marinade while they are grilling.
- Eat hot and enjoy!
- Served traditionally in Peru with boiled potatoes and fresh corn.
- Makes around 16 skewers.